Toyota OEM vacuum advance points distributor. OEM part # 19100-61180.
Fits the following applications:
- '75 to '77 Land Cruiser FJ40 with 2F engine (see details in technical information section below)
- '81 to '89 non-U.S. Land cruiser FJ60 and FJ62 with carbureted 2F engine
- '90 to '92 non-U.S. Land Cruiser FJ80 with carbureted 3F engine
- Land Cruiser 70 Series with carbureted 3F engine
Original equipment on:
- '77 Land Cruiser FJ40 with 2F engine
- Non-USA FJ62, 70 and 80 Series with carbureted 3F engine
- For desmogged applications only. Not California smog compliant.
- Base of the distributor cap measures 89.5 mm in diameter.
- Due to vacuum advance, the distributor requires a vacuum source from the base of the carburetor.
- The commonly available 21100-61012 desmog carburetor comes with the vacuum fitting
- '75 and later carbs all have vacuum advance fitting except for 1/75-8/75 California spec. The '77 carb has 2 ported vacuum fittings. One for vacuum advance, and the other for EGR
- This distributor has the advantage of converting '75-'76 from vacuum retard to advance
- On '75-'77 FJ40 models, points provide timing signal to the stock ignitor without carrying electrical load for the coil, thus will last practically forever
- Does not work with fuel injected 3FE engine on U.S. spec FJ62 and FJ80
- Use of the black ground plug is optional. The distributor is already grounded through the clamp
- If you want to use Pertronix with this distributor, you should use the 1662LS kit (must be "LS"). You also need to switch to a 19102-45060 rotor in order to clear the top of the Pertronix's ignitor.