Stainless/bronze Pin kit for Land Cruiser 40 Series with swing type rear spare wheel carrier. Choice of 2 year ranges:
- 8/'76 to 5/'80 (as shown by photos of the blue Cruiser)
- 8/'80 to 10/'84 (as shown by photos of the white Cruiser)
- No more rattling noise from carrier
- Adjustable hinge firmness to keep the carrier in position when both doors open
- No more rust marks from old hinge
- Serviceability access without spot weld
- Lubrication through bottom zerk grease nipple. Greaseable gun drilled pins.
- 100% oem look, with OEM M12 nut and M12 spring washers
- Pins are hand made machined SAE 316 Marine Grade stainless steel
- Bushes are hand made machined of self-lubricating maintenance free bronze
- Washers are hand made machined SAE 316 Marine Grade stainless steel
- OEM Toyota nuts 90170-12018 and matching spring washers
- M6 zerk grease nipples
- Toyota applied a spot weld to secure the pins at the bottom recess of the hinge. You'll need to break the weld to remove the old hinge.
- An easy way to remove the weld is with a cylindrical bur attached to an electric drill.
- Once the weld is broken/removed the pin can be driven out with a cold chisel. Hold the hinge in a vice and drive the old pins out by hitting from the back. Lubrication is helpful.
- Grease nipples are provided with the pin set, and should be screwed in place during installation.
- If the fit is overly tight, it may be helpful to lightly sand the inside of the hinge to increase clearance.