These sun visors are adapted from 70 Series sun visors, thus you have to replace the arms with those from your original FJ60/FJ62 sun visors.
Installation can be completed in about 10 minutes. Basic steps are:
- Unscrew the Philips head screw
- Wiggle off the old visor and slip on the new one.
- Tighten the screw to the desired resistance.
- Don't take out the new visor's adjustment screw completely. It'll be hard to get it back in. It only needs to be loosened and the arm will slide out.
- The shaft of the visor arm has a keyed bump stop stamped into it. It must be rotated to the right spot in order for it to slide out of the internal mechanism.
- Be aware of the grease on the new visor's arm. It can stain the visor if you're not careful. You can use some of the grease to lube your 60 series visor's arm.
- Mount the 60 series arms first and then slide the new visor on.