A complete kit to convert your Land Cruiser FJ55 to electric power steering. Developed by EZ Electric Power Steering using components produced by Koyo and NSK, both made in Japan and affiliated with Toyota.
Available for 12V or 24V, LHD or RHD vehicles.
- Non-intrusive installation. Replace the steering column with the EZ unit. You retain everything from the manual steering box onward. Works with stock alternator and battery
- Complete, self-contained kit. No fabrication, no welding, no chasing down parts in junk yards
- Built in safety features
- ECU controlled, load sensitive feedback. Quick response, never any hesitation
- Silent operation
- Adjust the level of assist with a potentiometer
- Proven reliability. No pump, no belt, no hoses, no leaks
- Reduced impact on gas mileage and horsepower usage compared to conventional power steering
- In the unlikely event you lose power, you'll revert back to your original manual steering. Because your original steering box is retained, your car will drive as it does today with manual steering.
- In contrast, when hydraulic power steering fails, the car can become difficult to steer
Your opportunity to enjoy a leapfrog in technology and enter the Tesla age!
Note: The installation procedure is the same as that for a FJ40. Please refer to the FJ40 EPS installation guide. We do not have a FJ55 specific installation guide at this time.
Important ordering notes:
- The vehicle must be '73 or later, because the kit is designed for vehicles that have a 2 piece steering column.
- When purchasing electric power steering, please do not include other items on the order, except for the optional voltage converter.
- Each kit is prepared based on the spec configured by you. Overall delivery time is about 2 weeks, world wide.
- If you are purchasing a 24v kit, you may want to consider the optional 24v to 12v converter. See details here.
- It is strongly recommended that you rebuild your steering gear box before commencing installation. Based on experience, majority of the original boxes require a rebuild by now.